Strawberry Oreo Chiffon Cake
Inspired by Rima
Recipe from Chiffon Cake Mini by Dapur Aliza
6 egg yolks
100g strawberry yogurt
4g baking powder
100g caster sugar
3g salt (about 1/2 tsp)
100g vegetable oil
6 egg whites
1g cream of tartar
50g oreo cookies – cut into tiny pieces (I used regular oreo, filling removed.)
strawberry paste & pink colour
1. Preheat oven to 150deg C.
2. Whisk egg yolk with sugar until pale in colour. Add in yogurt & oil. Then add in sifted flour, baking powder & salt. Finally, add in flavouring & colour.
3. In another clean & dry bowl, whisk egg white with cream of tartar till foamy. Slowly add in sugar a little at a time & continue whisking until soft peak.
4. Scoop 1/3 meringue into egg yolk mixture & fold in gently & lightly . Once combined, pour egg yolk mixture into meringue & continue to mix gently & lightly.
5. Pour half of the mixture into a 22cm tube pan & sprinkle half of oreo cookies. Then pour the rest of mixture & sprinkle the rest of the oreo cookies.
6. Bake for about 50 minutes. Once baked, remove pan from oven, overturn it & leave to cool completely. Remove cake from pan & slice to serve.
~HAPPY BAKING...~ M